I have found the perfect recipe for weather like this – a 30-Minute Pepper Chicken Curry that is sure to warm you up from the inside out. Join me as I share my own experience with this delicious dish and the simple steps to create it in the comfort of your own kitchen. Get ready to indulge in a flavorful, spicy, and incredibly satisfying meal that will leave you craving for more. Trust me, this recipe is a game-changer when it comes to quick and easy dinners for those chilly days. Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
Hey there! Today, I want to share with you my go-to recipe for a delicious 30-minute pepper chicken curry. Trust me, this curry is a game-changer – it’s packed with flavor, healthy, and perfect for those days when you’re short on time but still want a satisfying meal. Let’s cook up a storm, shall we?
To start off, gather all your ingredients:
- 500 grams of chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Let’s Get Cooking!
Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
Next, add the minced garlic and grated ginger. Cook for a minute or until the raw smell disappears.
It’s time to add the spices! Sprinkle in the black pepper powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and garam masala. Give it a good stir and let the spices toast for a minute.
Now, add the chicken pieces and mix well to coat them evenly with the spice blend. Cook for a few minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
Lower the heat and cover the pan. Allow the chicken to cook for about 10-15 minutes or until it is cooked through. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
Once the chicken is cooked, remove the lid and cook it uncovered for another 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
Taste and season with salt as needed. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves. The aroma is mouthwatering!
Voila! Your 30-minute pepper chicken curry is ready to be enjoyed.
This delectable chicken curry pairs perfectly with a variety of sides. Here are some options to consider:
- Serve it with fragrant onion pulao for a complete meal.
- Cumin rice makes a great companion for this curry.
- If you’re a bread lover, enjoy it with naan or lachha paratha.
For those who prefer a visual guide, you can find a recipe video of this pepper chicken curry on YouTube. Watch it to see the steps in action and get inspired in the kitchen.
If you’re looking to recreate the authentic flavors of Indian cuisine, I highly recommend checking out the TIIPOI website. They offer high-quality spices and ingredients, including the special karipot used in this curry.
Furthermore, if you’re interested in exploring more of Chetna Makan’s recipes, her cookbook “Chetna’s Indian Feast” is available on Amazon. You’ll discover a treasure trove of delightful Indian dishes to try out.
Don’t forget to follow Chetna Makan on social media for weekly recipes and cooking tips. Her experience as a former contestant on the Great British Bake Off makes her a trustworthy source of culinary inspiration.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I use boneless chicken instead of chicken pieces with bones?
- Absolutely! Feel free to substitute boneless chicken if you prefer a quicker cooking time and ease of eating.
Is this curry spicy?
- The spiciness level can be adjusted to your preference. Feel free to reduce or increase the amount of black pepper and red chili powder accordingly.
Can I make this curry ahead of time?
- Yes! This curry tastes even better when the flavors have had time to meld together. Make it a day in advance and reheat it when ready to serve.
How can I make this curry creamier?
- For a creamier version, you can add a tablespoon of yogurt or heavy cream towards the end of cooking. This will give the curry a luscious texture.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
- Absolutely! This curry freezes well. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating.
There you have it – a quick, flavorful, and healthy pepper chicken curry that can be whipped up in just 30 minutes. With its vibrant spices and tender chicken, this curry is the quintessential recipe for weather like this. So, gather your ingredients, get your spices ready, and enjoy the aroma of this mouthwatering dish wafting through your kitchen. Happy cooking!