In Japan, we use “curry roux” to make curry and rice. There are many different kinds of curry roux. In my tutorial, I used Golden Curry (Medium-Spicy) by S&B. It is made with 35 different spices which gives amazing oriental flavor to your curry!!! Also, it went perfect with KIRIN Ichibanshibori (beer)!!!
Try out!!! I hope you like it 😀
Beef Beer Curry and Rice
Number of servings: 5
200g (7oz.) thinly sliced beef
200g (7oz.) onion
200g (7oz.) shimeji mushrooms
200g (7oz.) frozen edamame beans in pods
200cc KIRIN Ichibanshibori (beer)
110g (3.8oz.) S&B Golden Curry (medium-spicy) *Japanese curry roux
1 tbsp. cooking oil
5 servings steamed Japanese white rice
grape tomatoes if desired
1. Use Golden Curry (medium-spicy) or you can substitute it with any other Japanese curry roux!
2. Cut thinly sliced beef into bite size pieces. Slice onion. Remove tough base of shimeji mushroom and break into bite-sized chunks. Thaw and remove the edamame beans from the pods.
3. Heat cooking oil in a large stew pot, saute the sliced onion over medium heat until it softens. Then add the beef and shimeji mushrooms and saute together.
4. When mushrooms get soft, add 600cc water, bring to a boil, skim the scum, add 200cc beer, and turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for about 15 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat, add Golden Curry (medium-spicy) curry roux, and mix well until completely melted. Then put on the heat and simmer for about 7 minutes until thickened.
6. Add edamame beans, stir, and cook 3 more minutes.
7. Serve on a hot bed of rice, garnish with grape tomatoes if desired.
Thomas MATO Blanchot Feat. Wawa
– You Are The Sunshine of My Life
♥Facebook Fan Page♥ Please “Like” me 😉
♥Visit my Blog for more Recipes♥
[Music] Today I'm going to show you how to make Beef your Korean rice I'm used in Japan In my recipe and it makes the beef Really tender and the soup really rich And delicious and I also use the golden Curry Roux from s and B if uses 35 Different kinds of spices and I never Used this curry Roux in the past but This was amazingly delicious so I hope You can find it out store I think it's Really fun to add beer in your curry Because my daughter loves to drink beer So he was so happy with it and it Doesn't taste like beer but it kind of Makes him happy so I hope you enjoy I'm Going to use hot package of golden curry And then the beer Ichiban shibori [Music] The first 200 grams of edamame so here Are the ingredients I'm going to use [Music] Remove the top face of shimeji mushroom And break into bite-sized chunks [Music] Slice the onion it's cooking oil in a Large soup pot and sauté the sliced Onion over medium heat until it's Softened Action machine mushroom and beef and Saute them together [Music] See When mushrooms get soft at 600cc water
And bring to a boil [Music] And then remove the form [Music] At 200cc beer [Music] Oh And turn the heat down to medium-low and Keep for about 15 minutes meanwhile Prepare the lemon turn off the heat and Add golden curry And mix well until completely melted Then put on the heat and simmer for About seven minutes are too thick [Music] At edamame and mix well and cook for About three minutes and now stirring the Rice [Music] That's why Now it's done if you have garnished with The grape tomatoes it looks very cute And delicious [Music] Thanks for watching I hope you enjoyed [Music]