Are you craving a mouthwatering appetizer that will transport you to the cozy ambience of a restaurant? Look no further than the delectable Chicken Angara Kebab recipe we have in store for you. With its smoky flavors and juicy tangdi kebabs, this restaurant-style dish is sure to captivate your taste buds. Join us on a culinary adventure as we prepare this tantalizing recipe that will leave you yearning for more. So, grab your apron and let’s get started on your very own gastronomic journey!
Table of Contents
Are you craving a spicy and hot chicken kabab with a smoky flavor? Look no further because we have the perfect recipe for you! In this article, we will guide you through the steps to make delicious Chicken Angara Kabab, just like the one you get in restaurants. With the right ingredients and a little bit of patience, you can recreate this mouthwatering dish at home. So, let’s get started!
To make Chicken Angara Kabab, you will need the following ingredients:
- Chicken (preferably boneless and cut into pieces)
- Red chilli paste
- Red chilli powder
- Garam masala powder
- Turmeric powder
- Dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- Lemon juice
- Curd (yogurt)
- Mustard oil
- In a bowl, add the chicken pieces.
- Add red chilli paste, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, dried fenugreek leaves, lemon juice, curd, salt, and mustard oil.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly, ensuring that the chicken is well coated with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours to allow the flavors to penetrate the chicken.
- Heat a wok or deep pan and add vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add a paste of ginger, garlic, and green chillies.
- Cook the paste until it turns golden brown and releases a fragrant aroma.
- Add the marinated chicken to the wok and stir-fry on high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the chicken for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, light a piece of charcoal until it turns red hot.
- Place the hot charcoal in a small bowl and keep it in the wok.
- Drizzle a little bit of ghee or oil over the charcoal to create smoke.
- Quickly cover the wok with a lid to let the chicken absorb the smoky flavor.
- After a few minutes, remove the charcoal bowl from the wok and discard it.
- Continue cooking the chicken until it is dry and crispy on the outside.
Chicken Angara Kabab is best served as a party appetizer. To enhance its flavors, garnish with fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced onions, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve it hot and watch your guests’ taste buds dance with joy!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
Yes, you can use bone-in chicken for Chicken Angara Kabab. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure thorough cooking.
Can I substitute mustard oil with any other oil?
While mustard oil adds an authentic flavor to the kabab, you can use any other vegetable oil if you don’t have mustard oil on hand.
Can I grill the kabab instead of cooking it in a wok?
Yes, you can grill the kabab on a barbecue or in an oven. Make sure to preheat the grill or oven before placing the kababs on it.
Is it necessary to marinate the chicken for 8 hours?
Marinating the chicken for a longer time helps in the absorption of flavors and tenderizes the meat. However, if you are short on time, you can marinate it for at least 2-3 hours.
Can I make a vegetarian version of Angara Kabab?
Yes, you can substitute chicken with paneer (Indian cottage cheese) or tofu to make a vegetarian version of Angara Kabab. The cooking time may vary as per the ingredient used.
With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can now enjoy the delightful flavors of Chicken Angara Kabab at home. The combination of spices, the smoky aroma, and the crispy texture make it a perfect appetizer for any occasion. So, gather your ingredients, marinate the chicken, and get cooking. Your taste buds will thank you for this delicious treat!