If you’re a big fan of Indian cuisine, then you’ve likely tasted chana masala or chole masala. This popular dish is made with chickpeas and a unique spice blend that plays a huge role in its distinctive flavor. If you’ve ever wondered how to create that perfect blend of spices, look no further! In this brief video, you’ll discover the secrets to creating the ideal chana masala spice blend. Plus, with our authentic chole masala powder recipe, you’ll be able to recreate this delicious dish at home and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills. Get ready to take your next meal to a whole new level of flavor!
Chana Masala or Chole Masala is a popular Indian dish that is enjoyed by millions around the world. The dish, which is made from chickpeas, is known for its warm and earthy flavor and aroma. The key to making great Chana Masala is in the spice blend. In this article, we will share with you how to discover the perfect Chana Masala Spice Blend using a short video. We will also show you how to make an authentic Chole Masala Powder Recipe that will help you replicate the taste of your favorite restaurant-style Chana Masala.
How to Discover the Perfect Chana Masala Spice Blend
Making the perfect Chana Masala Spice Blend is easy. In fact, it can be made in just 10 minutes! Here’s how:
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
To make the perfect Chana Masala Spice Blend, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Garam Masala
- Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder
- Amchur Powder
Step 2: Mix the Spices
Once you have all your ingredients, mix them together in a bowl. Make sure to mix them thoroughly to ensure that all the spices are evenly distributed.
Step 3: Store the Blend
Once your Chana Masala Spice Blend is ready, you can store it in an airtight container. This will keep your spice blend fresh and ready to use whenever you need it.
Authentic Chole Masala Powder Recipe
Now that you have your perfect Chana Masala Spice Blend, you can start making authentic Chole Masala. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups of dried chickpeas
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger (grated)
- 2 large tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoons of Chana Masala Spice Blend
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight.
- Add the soaked chickpeas, water, and salt to a pot. Cook on medium heat and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the chickpeas are fully cooked.
- Drain the chickpeas and set them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and Chana Masala Spice Blend. Cook for about a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan and stir well.
- Let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until the flavors are fully blended.
- Serve with rice or naan!
- How can I make the Chana Masala Spice Blend milder?
You can reduce the amount of red chili powder or simply omit it entirely. This will result in a milder spice blend.
- Can I use canned chickpeas instead of dried ones?
Yes! You can use canned chickpeas, but make sure to drain the water before cooking.
- Can I use store-bought Chana Masala Spice Blend instead of making my own?
Yes! You can use store-bought Chana Masala Spice Blend if you prefer.
- How long can I store the Chana Masala Spice Blend for?
You can store your Chana Masala Spice Blend in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Where can I find Ministry of Curry’s blog and social media pages?
You can find Ministry of Curry’s blog and social media pages by visiting their website or searching for “Ministry of Curry” on various social media platforms.
Making authentic Chana Masala at home has never been easier. By following our simple recipe and using the perfect Chana Masala Spice Blend, you can replicate the delicious taste and aroma of your favorite restaurant-style Chana Masala. We hope you found this article helpful. Don’t forget to subscribe and tag Ministry of Curry on Instagram or Facebook if you try the recipe!