Get ready to elevate your corn on the cob game with this easy and mouth-watering recipe. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to make delicious corn on the cob that will impress even the pickiest eaters. Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ or just looking for a simple side dish to enjoy, this recipe is perfect for any occasion. Follow along and get ready to savor the sweet and savory flavors of fresh corn on the cob.
Are you craving an easy, delicious, and flavorful recipe to spice up your usual corn on the cob? Well, look no further! Get Curried brings you a mouth-watering recipe for Corn on the Cob in Onion Sauce. This recipe is perfect for a summer barbecue or as a unique side dish for any occasion. Follow along with the step-by-step instructions to create a delicious meal that will have your whole family begging for more.
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
To make Corn on the Cob in Onion Sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
- Boiled Corn on the Cob
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic-green chili paste
- 2 tbsp of Cashewnut paste
- 3/4 cup of Cream
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tsp Lemon
- Garam masala
- Chili Flakes
Step 2: Make the Onion Sauce
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and add oil.
- Add finely chopped onions, sauté for few minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic-green chili paste. Sauté for few more minutes until the raw aroma goes away.
- Add cashew nut paste and cream into the pan. Stir well.
- Add salt and mix for a few minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the sauce into a mixer grinder or use a hand blender to blend the mixture to a fine paste.
Step 3: Pour the Onion Sauce over the Corn on the Cob
- Boil the corn until done and place it on a plate.
- Pour the Onion Sauce over the boiled corn and make sure it is coated evenly.
- Garnish it with garam masala, coriander, and chili flakes.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
Your Corn on the Cob in Onion Sauce is now ready to be served. The dish’s unique flavor and creamy texture will tantalize your taste buds. You and your guests will love its unique take on classic corn on the cob.
Can I use frozen corn instead of fresh corn?
Yes, you can use frozen corn. Make sure to boil them as per the package instructions before adding the Onion Sauce.
How long will the Onion Sauce stay fresh in the fridge?
You can store the Onion Sauce in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Can I make the Onion Sauce in advance?
Yes, you can make the Onion Sauce in advance and store it in the fridge. Simply reheat it before serving.
Can I substitute the cream with milk?
Yes, you can substitute cream with milk, but the consistency of the sauce might change slightly.
Can I omit the cashew nut paste?
Yes, you can omit the cashew nut paste, but it adds a creamy texture to the sauce.
Get Curried’s recipe for Corn on the Cob in Onion Sauce is a delicious and unique recipe that is sure to impress. It is easy to make and a great alternative to the usual seasoning for corn on the cob. You can watch the recipe video hosted by Smita Deo for a step-by-step visual guide or download the app to access the recipe at any time. Don’t forget to subscribe to Get Curried’s social media links for more delicious recipes!