In this blog post, we will be exploring the delicious world of Punjabi cuisine with Chetna’s easy recipe for Pakora Kadhi. This dish is perfect for mums looking for a quick and tasty meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family. With Chetna’s guidance, you’ll be able to whip up mouth-watering Pakora Kadhi in no time, and your taste buds will thank you for it! So get your ingredients ready and let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
Learn to Make Mouth-watering Punjabi Pakora Kadhi with Chetna’s Easy Recipe for Mums
If you’re looking for a new recipe to spice up your weekly dinner routine, look no further than Punjabi Pakora Kadhi! This popular Indian dish is made with yogurt, gram flour, and spices, creating a tangy and savory flavor that is sure to satisfy. In this article, we will provide you with an easy-to-follow recipe designed by Chef Chetna Makan, a former contestant on the Great British Bake Off and author of 7 cookbooks. Join the community of foodies and health enthusiasts by subscribing to get delicious recipes and cooking tips!
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 dried red chili
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup pakoras
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, gram flour, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt.
- Slowly add water while whisking the mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add mustard and cumin seeds, dried red chili, and asafoetida. Once the seeds start crackling, add chopped onion and sauté it till it turns golden brown.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the pan and whisk it well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pakoras to the mixture and continue to cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.
- How do I make sure my Punjabi Pakora Kadhi is not too sour?
- The amount of yogurt you use will determine the sourness level of your Kadhi. Use fresh yogurt and adjust the amount to your liking.
- Can I substitute the pakoras with something else?
- Yes, you can substitute pakoras with fried vegetables like green beans, carrot, or potatoes.
- How do I make pakoras?
- Mix 1 cup gram flour, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, a pinch of baking soda, and salt to taste in a bowl. Add water and mix until it forms a smooth batter. Add chopped onions and any other vegetables of your choice. Heat oil in a pan and drop spoonfuls of batter in it and deep fry until golden brown.
- Is this recipe vegan-friendly?
- Yes, this recipe is vegan-friendly if you use non-dairy yogurt and omit the pakoras or substitute them for fried vegetables.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Yes, you can make Punjabi Pakora Kadhi ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to serve it.
Punjabi Pakora Kadhi is a delicious and flavorful dish that you can easily make at home with this easy-to-follow recipe by Chef Chetna Makan. Add it to your weekly dinner routine for a change of pace and subscribe to get more delicious recipes and cooking tips. Cook with Mom to make it a fun and bonding experience and don’t forget to enjoy it with hot rice and savory pakoras for a complete meal!