Are you looking for a quick and easy homestyle paneer masala recipe that you can whip up in no time? Look no further, because I have got you covered. In this blog post, I will guide you through the step-by-step process of creating a delicious paneer masala dish that will satisfy your cravings. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to indulge in a flavorful culinary experience. Let’s dive right in!
Quick and Easy Homestyle Paneer Masala Recipe
Are you in the mood for a delicious and flavorful Indian dish? Look no further than this quick and easy homestyle paneer masala recipe. Paneer masala is a popular vegetarian dish made with soft and creamy paneer (Indian cottage cheese) cooked in a rich and aromatic tomato-based gravy. The combination of spices and the creamy texture of the paneer make this dish absolutely irresistible. With just a few basic ingredients and some pantry staples, you can recreate this restaurant-style dish right in your own kitchen. Let’s get started!
To make paneer masala at home, you will need the following ingredients:
- 250 grams paneer (Indian cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 green cardamom pods
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Follow these simple steps to prepare delicious paneer masala at home:
- Blend tomatoes, ginger, and green chili into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, green cardamom pods, and cloves. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add the finely chopped onions and cook until golden brown.
- Now, add Kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, ground coriander, and ground cumin. Mix well and fry the spices for a minute.
- Pour in the tomato, ginger, and chili paste. Cook the mixture until it turns thick and the oil starts to separate.
- Add the paneer cubes to the pan and gently mix them with the gravy.
- Pour in some hot water to adjust the consistency of the gravy.
- Sprinkle kasuri methi, garam masala, and sugar. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Remove the whole spices (cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, and cloves) before serving.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Your homemade paneer masala is ready to be served! Enjoy it with rice or roti for a satisfying meal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q: Can I make paneer at home for this recipe?
A: Absolutely! You can make paneer at home by curdling milk with lemon juice or vinegar. Once the milk separates into curds and whey, strain it through a cloth and use the resulting paneer in this recipe.
Q: Can I use store-bought paneer instead?
A: Yes, you can use store-bought paneer if you don’t have the time to make it at home. Look for fresh and soft paneer in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store.
Q: Can I substitute paneer with tofu?
A: Yes, if you prefer a vegan version or don’t have access to paneer, you can substitute it with tofu. Make sure to press and drain the tofu before using it in the recipe.
Q: Is paneer masala spicy?
A: The level of spiciness can be adjusted according to your preference. The Kashmiri red chili powder used in this recipe gives a vibrant color and mild heat to the dish. Feel free to add more or less spice as per your taste.
Q: Can I freeze leftover paneer masala?
A: Yes, you can freeze leftover paneer masala for later use. Allow it to cool completely, transfer it to an airtight container, and store it in the freezer for up to a month. Thaw and reheat before serving.
In conclusion, this quick and easy homestyle paneer masala recipe is a fantastic way to enjoy the flavors of Indian cuisine in the comfort of your own home. With just a few simple steps and readily available ingredients, you can whip up a delicious and satisfying meal that will leave you craving for more. Experiment with the spice levels and add your own personal touch to make it uniquely yours. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to indulge in a scrumptious paneer masala feast!