Are you searching for a quick and delectable curry recipe? Look no further! In this blog post, he/she presents the easiest potato chickpea spinach curry recipe, bound to tantalize your taste buds. Not only is this dish ready in just 30 minutes, but it also ensures a healthy and delicious meal that everyone will love. So, if you’re craving a flavorful and nutritious curry, read on and discover how to whip up this culinary delight in no time at all.
Table of Contents
The Easiest Potato Chickpea Spinach Curry Recipe – Ready in Just 30 Minutes | Healthy and Delicious
In today’s fast-paced world, finding quick and easy recipes that are also healthy and delicious can be a challenge. Fortunately, Food with Chetna has come to the rescue with her amazing tutorial video on how to make the easiest potato chickpea spinach curry. This budget-friendly and vegetarian-friendly dish is perfect for anyone looking to add some flavor to their meals without spending hours in the kitchen. Created by Chef Chetna Makan, a former contestant on the Great British Bake Off, this recipe is sure to impress both your taste buds and your dinner guests.
Heading 1: Ingredients
To make this mouthwatering potato chickpea spinach curry, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
Heading 2: Instructions
Now that you have gathered all the necessary ingredients, let’s get cooking:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pan, stirring occasionally until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Sprinkle the ground cumin, ground coriander, ground turmeric, and chili powder over the onions and garlic. Stir well to coat the onions with the spices.
- Add the cubed potatoes to the pan and stir to combine with the onion and spice mixture.
- Pour in the can of diced tomatoes, including the juice, and give it a good stir.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and let the curry simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the rinsed chickpeas and fresh spinach leaves, and let them cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
- Season with salt to taste and give the curry a final stir.
- Serve the delicious potato chickpea spinach curry in bowls, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Heading 3: About Chef Chetna Makan
Chef Chetna Makan, the mastermind behind this delectable recipe, is a former contestant on the Great British Bake Off. With her culinary expertise and passion for delicious food, Chetna has become a household name in the culinary world. She has authored several cookbooks, including “The Cardamom Trail” and “Chetna’s Healthy Indian Vegetarian,” which are filled with mouthwatering recipes just like this one.
Heading 4: Where to Find Chef Chetna’s Cookbooks
If you are eager to discover more of Chef Chetna’s delightful recipes, her cookbooks can be purchased in stores and online. “The Cardamom Trail” and “Chetna’s Healthy Indian Vegetarian” are sure to take your taste buds on an unforgettable journey through the world of Indian flavors.
Heading 5: Join the Food with Chetna Community
After watching this amazing video and tasting the incredible potato chickpea spinach curry, why not join the Food with Chetna community? By subscribing to her channel and following her on social media, you can stay up to date with Chetna’s latest recipes and join a community of food enthusiasts who share your passion for delicious and healthy meals. Be sure to explore her website for more engaging content, including tips, tricks, and other mouthwatering recipes.
Thanks to Food with Chetna, the easiest potato chickpea spinach curry is now within reach for anyone looking for a quick and delicious meal option. This recipe, filled with Indian spices, potatoes, and spinach, provides a burst of flavor that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. Chef Chetna’s expertise and dedication to healthy and tasty food shines through in this video, making it a must-watch for anyone wanting to elevate their culinary skills.
FAQs After The Conclusion
- Can I substitute the fresh spinach with frozen spinach?
- Yes, you can use frozen spinach in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw it and squeeze out any excess moisture before adding it to the curry.
- Is this dish spicy?
- The spice level can be adjusted according to your preference. If you prefer a milder curry, you can reduce the amount of chili powder or omit it altogether.
- Can I add other vegetables to the curry?
- Absolutely! Feel free to add any vegetables you like, such as carrots, bell peppers, or peas, to customize the curry to your taste.
- Can I make this curry ahead of time and reheat it?
- Yes, this curry can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat it on the stove or in the microwave.
- Can I use canned potatoes instead of fresh potatoes?
- It is best to use fresh potatoes in this recipe for the best texture and flavor. Canned potatoes may become mushy during the cooking process.