Welcome to our blog post where we will be sharing our delicious Dragon Chicken recipe. If you are a fan of Indo Chinese cuisine like we are, then this mouthwatering restaurant-style starter is perfect for you to try at home. With our easy-to-follow instructions, you will be able to recreate this flavorful dish and enjoy it with your family and friends. Join us as we take you through the steps to make this delectable chicken recipe, the perfect addition to any dining experience. #chickenrecipe
Table of Contents
Have you ever craved the delicious and mouthwatering taste of Dragon Chicken? If so, you’re in luck! In this article, we will take you through the step-by-step process of making this delectable Indo-Chinese starter recipe right in the comfort of your own home. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this spicy and tangy dish that is sure to become your new favorite!
Heading 1: Ingredients Needed
To make Dragon Chicken, you will need the following ingredients:
- Chicken strips
- Garlic paste
- Ginger paste
- Pepper powder
- Soy sauce
- Red chili paste
- Corn flour
- Cashew nuts
- Dry red chilies
- Bell peppers
- Tomato ketchup
Heading 2: Marinating the Chicken Strips
- Start by marinating the chicken strips with ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, pepper powder, soy sauce, and red chili paste.
- Mix all the ingredients well, ensuring that the chicken is evenly coated with the marinade.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes to absorb all the flavors.
Heading 3: Frying the Chicken
- In a separate bowl, beat an egg and add corn flour to it.
- Dip each marinated chicken strip into the egg mixture, ensuring it is fully coated.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or wok for frying.
- Carefully drop the coated chicken strips into the hot oil and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Remove the fried chicken strips and place them on a kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
Heading 4: Sautéing the Chicken with Sauce
- In the same pan, remove excess oil, leaving only a small amount behind.
- Add cashew nuts, dry red chilies, bell peppers, and onion to the pan and sauté for a few minutes.
- Once the onions turn translucent, add ginger paste, garlic paste, salt, pepper powder, red chili paste, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, and water.
- Stir the ingredients well and let the sauce come to a simmer.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to balance the flavors in the sauce.
- Finally, add the fried chicken strips to the sauce and toss them gently until they are well-coated.
- Allow the chicken to simmer in the sauce for a few minutes to absorb the flavors.
Heading 5: Serving the Dragon Chicken
- Transfer the Dragon Chicken to a serving bowl, garnishing it with some fresh coriander leaves.
- Dragon Chicken can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish with Chicken fried rice or Chicken Hakka Noodles.
Congratulations! You have successfully made your very own restaurant-style Dragon Chicken at home. This delicious Indo-Chinese starter is guaranteed to impress your family and friends with its bold flavors and tantalizing aroma. So why wait? Gather your ingredients, follow the simple steps, and indulge in this culinary delight that will transport your taste buds to gastronomic heaven!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Can I use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken strips?
A: Yes, you can use boneless chicken thighs as a substitute. Just ensure that they are cut into thin strips for even cooking.
Q: Can I make the Dragon Chicken less spicy?
A: Absolutely! You can adjust the amount of red chili paste according to your preference. Start with a smaller amount and add more if desired.
Q: Can I add vegetables to the Dragon Chicken?
A: Yes, you can add your choice of vegetables such as carrots, mushrooms, or spring onions to enhance the dish’s texture and taste.
Q: How long can I store the leftover Dragon Chicken?
A: If refrigerated in an airtight container, the leftover Dragon Chicken can be stored for up to 2-3 days.
Q: Can I make Dragon Chicken without deep frying?
A: For a healthier alternative, you can try baking the marinated chicken strips in the oven until they are cooked through and then sauté them with the sauce.
Remember, the key to a perfect Dragon Chicken lies in the balance of flavors and textures. So experiment, adjust the ingredients to your liking, and enjoy this tantalizing Indo-Chinese dish!