I’m thrilled to share with you my very own recipe for a quick, easy, and healthy one pot chicken and bean curry. As someone who values convenience and nutritious meals, this dish has become a go-to favorite of mine. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal effort, I can create a flavorful curry that is both satisfying and nourishing. If you’re looking for a delicious and hassle-free dinner option, join me as I guide you through the steps to prepare this delightful one pot chicken and bean curry recipe.
Table of Contents
Quick, Easy, and Healthy One Pot Chicken and Bean Curry Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious meal that can be prepared in no time? Look no further, because I have the perfect recipe for you! In this article, I will share with you my own quick, easy, and healthy one-pot chicken and bean curry recipe. This recipe not only satisfies your taste buds but also provides a well-balanced meal with all the essential nutrients. So let’s get started!
To make this mouthwatering chicken and bean curry, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, blended
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- 1 cup red kidney beans, cooked
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
Follow these simple steps to prepare the one-pot chicken and bean curry:
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
Add the finely chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
Next, add minced ginger, minced garlic, and ground chicken. Stir-fry for a few minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Sprinkle the Kashmiri red chilli powder and curry powder over the chicken. Mix well to coat the chicken evenly.
Pour in the blended tomatoes and cooked red kidney beans. Stir everything together and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the frozen vegetables, black pepper, garam masala powder, and salt to taste. Mix well to combine all the flavors.
Reduce the heat and add coconut milk, followed by hot water. Stir the curry gently and let it simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the flavors meld together.
Finally, garnish the chicken and bean curry with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve it hot over steamed rice or with roti.
In conclusion, this delicious and nutritious one-pot chicken and bean curry recipe is a perfect choice for those who crave a quick, easy, and healthy meal. With the right combination of spices and ingredients, you can enjoy a flavorful curry packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals. So why wait? Give this recipe a try and indulge in a truly satisfying culinary experience!
Can I use bone-in chicken instead of ground chicken in this recipe?
- Yes, you can definitely use bone-in chicken. Simply remove the bones and chop the chicken into small pieces before cooking.
Can I substitute fresh vegetables for frozen ones?
- Absolutely! Feel free to use any combination of fresh or frozen vegetables based on your preference and availability.
How spicy is this curry?
- The spice level can be adjusted according to your taste. If you prefer a milder curry, you can reduce the amount of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
Can I make this curry ahead of time?
- Yes, this curry can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
- Yes, you can freeze the leftover curry in freezer-safe containers for up to 3 months. Just thaw and reheat it before serving.
Remember, this one-pot chicken and bean curry is not only a delicious meal but also a healthy alternative to takeout. So why not treat yourself and your loved ones to a homemade curry bursting with flavors? Go ahead and try this recipe for your next meal, and enjoy both the simplicity and nutritional benefits it has to offer!