Looking to try out a quick and easy meal that’s both delicious and satisfying? Look no further! Food with Chetna has got you covered with her mouth-watering Mums Mooli Paratha recipe. These delectable stuffed flatbreads will tantalize your taste buds and make for the perfect meal in just 30 minutes. So why wait? Grab your ingredients, put on your apron, and get ready to indulge in the flavorful goodness of this delightful dish.
Table of Contents
A Delightful 30-Minute Meal: Mum’s Mooli Paratha Recipe for Delicious Radish-Stuffed Flatbread by Food with Chetna
Are you tired of eating plain old bread for breakfast? Do you want to switch up your lunch routine? Look no further than mooli paratha! A popular Indian flatbread made with radishes, mooli paratha is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that will spice up your morning or afternoon.
In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to make mooli paratha, explain why it’s a great way to use up leftover radishes, provide tips for perfecting the recipe, and explain why it is suitable for a winter breakfast or lunch.
What is Mooli Paratha?
Mooli paratha is a type of Indian flatbread that is stuffed with a mixture of grated radishes, spices, and herbs. It is made by combining the ingredients for the dough and filling, rolling the dough out, placing the filling in the center of the dough, and then folding it up to enclose the filling. The paratha is then cooked on both sides on a hot skillet or tawa with oil or ghee.
Ingredients for Making Mooli Paratha
- 300 grams of Atta (whole wheat flour)
- 160 mL of water
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 grated medium-sized radishes
- 1 tsp of red chili powder
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Ghee or oil for cooking
How to Make Mooli Paratha
- In a mixing bowl, add Atta, salt, and water. Mix well to form a dough. Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes until it’s smooth and elastic. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, grate two medium-sized radishes and squeeze out the excess water.
- In a separate bowl, add the grated radishes, red chili powder, turmeric, cumin seeds, coriander powder, and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and roll them into balls.
- Take one ball and roll it out into a small circle, approximately 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of the filling mixture in the center of the rolled-out dough.
- Bring the edges of the dough together to enclose the filling and press the dough together.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, roll out the dough again to form a flatbread.
- Heat a skillet or tawa over medium-high heat and add ghee or oil.
- Place the rolled-out paratha on the skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a dollop of butter.
Tips for Making the Perfect Mooli Paratha
- Squeeze out as much water as possible from the grated radish before adding it to the filling mixture. This will ensure that the paratha is not too watery and can be easily rolled out.
- Use ghee instead of oil for a more authentic and flavorful taste.
- Make sure the skillet or tawa is heated well before adding the paratha. This will ensure that the paratha cooks evenly and doesn’t burn.
- When rolling out the paratha, be gentle and take your time. Rough handling can cause the filling to spill out or the paratha to tear.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?
- Yes, you can use all-purpose flour or a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose flour.
- Can I add additional spices to the filling mixture?
- Yes, you can customize the recipe to your liking and add additional spices such as garam masala or garlic powder.
- Can I use a food processor to grate the radish?
- Yes, a food processor can be used for convenience, but be sure to still squeeze out the excess water.
- How long can I store leftover parathas?
- Leftover parathas can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days and reheated in the microwave or over a skillet.
- Is mooli paratha a healthy meal option?
- Yes, mooli paratha is a healthy option as it is made with whole wheat flour and contains the nutritious and low-calorie vegetable– radish.
Mooli paratha is a delicious and nutritious meal option that can be easily made at home. With our step-by-step guide and tips, you can make the perfect paratha every time. It’s a great way to use up leftover radishes and is perfect for a winter breakfast or lunch. So why not try making mooli paratha for your next meal and enjoy the flavors of Indian cuisine!