Are you a fan of delicious Indian snacks that pack a punch of flavors? If so, then you’re in for a treat with this Chicken Pakoda recipe! Discover how you can create this irresistible snack in the comfort of your own kitchen. So get ready to tantalize your tastebuds and satisfy your cravings with these delectable bite-sized chicken fritters. Get your cooking skills ready, because this is a recipe you won’t be able to resist!
Table of Contents
Chicken Pakoda Recipe: A Delicious Indian Snack You Can’t Resist
Are you a fan of crispy and flavorsome snacks? Look no further, because we have the perfect recipe for you! In this article, we will teach you how to make delicious Chicken Pakoda at home. We’ll provide step-by-step instructions along with a recipe video by Get Curried, so you can easily follow along. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this irresistible Indian snack!
Chicken Pakoda is a popular Indian street food that is loved for its crunchy texture and aromatic spices. It is made by marinating chicken pieces in a spicy batter and deep-frying them until golden brown. The result is a mouthwatering snack that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a tangy homemade chutney. Let’s dive into the recipe and learn how to make it!
To make Chicken Pakoda, you will need the following ingredients:
- Chicken breast (boneless): 500 grams
- Chickpea flour (besan): 1 cup
- Rice flour: 2 tablespoons
- Onion (finely chopped): 1
- Green chilis (finely chopped): 2
- Curry leaves: a handful
- Spices: 1 teaspoon each of turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala
- Salt: to taste
- Egg white: 1
- First, cut the chicken breast into small, bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chickpea flour, rice flour, chopped onion, green chilis, curry leaves, and spices. Mix well.
- Now, add the chicken pieces to the bowl and coat them evenly with the batter. Make sure each piece is well-coated.
- Once the chicken is coated, add the egg white to the bowl and mix again. The egg white will help bind the batter together and give the pakodas a crispy texture.
- Let the batter rest for about 15 minutes. This will allow the flavors to develop and the chicken to absorb the spices.
- While the batter is resting, heat oil in a deep pan or kadai for frying the pakodas. The oil should be hot but not smoking.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully drop the chicken pieces into the oil, a few at a time. Fry them until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the fried pakodas from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Repeat this process with the remaining chicken pieces until all the pakodas are cooked.
- Serve the Chicken Pakoda hot with a side of homemade chutney or ketchup. The tangy chutney complements the spicy flavors of the pakodas perfectly.
Now that you know how to make delicious Chicken Pakoda at home, it’s time to give it a try! This easy and mouthwatering recipe will surely impress your family and friends. Whether you want to enjoy it as a snack or serve it at a party, Chicken Pakoda will never disappoint. Don’t forget to like, share, comment, and subscribe to Get Curried for more amazing recipes like this one. Get ready to indulge in the crispy goodness of homemade Chicken Pakoda!
Can I use bone-in chicken instead of boneless chicken breast?
- Yes, you can use bone-in chicken for a more flavorful option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I omit the egg white from the batter?
- Yes, you can omit the egg white if you prefer a vegetarian version of Chicken Pakoda. The pakodas will still be delicious without it.
Can I use a different flour instead of rice flour?
- While rice flour gives the pakodas a light and crispy texture, you can substitute it with cornstarch or all-purpose flour if needed.
How long can I store the leftover pakodas?
- It is best to consume the Chicken Pakoda immediately for the best taste and texture. However, you can refrigerate the leftovers for up to 2 days and reheat them before serving.
Can I freeze the uncooked pakodas?
- Yes, you can freeze the uncooked pakodas for up to 1 month. When you’re ready to fry them, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and then follow the frying instructions.
So why wait? Gather your ingredients, play the recipe video by Get Curried, and get ready to savor the delectable flavors of Chicken Pakoda. Enjoy this crunchy and spicy Indian snack that is bound to leave you craving for more!